IPEC: International Petroleum Environmental Conference
Presenting at IPEC is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise on environmental issues and solutions the petroleum industry is facing today. This knowledge sharing and networking with others seeking solutions to environmental problems of a technical, legal and regulatory nature benefits the industry as a whole (upstream, midstream & downstream), something which this conference has been doing for the past 26 years.
IPEC also creates an opportunity for engineering graduate students to participate in the conference. It exposes them to various industry practices and gives them an opportunity to present on their current research to industry professionals.
Presenting at the upcoming IPEC conference has many benefits, including:
- Excellent exposure to build personal and/or professional resume
- Allows you to showcase your research
- Opportunity to create new business relationships
- Share knowledge and experiences to advance the industry
- Become associated with other high quality industry leaders
- Receive national and international recognition
- Network and connect with industry colleagues
- Raise awareness of your company
- Presenters receive a discounted conference registration fee
INTERESTED IN BEING A PRESENTER AT IPEC? PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
The following three sections of information will assist you in this process by outlining the general procedures for presentations and sessions, as well as providing general conference information.
Please take time to review each of the following 3 sections.
1. Speaker, Session Chair, Co-Author Registration Information
We appreciate the participation of all our presenters, session chairs & co-authors and gladly extend to them a discounted conference registration fee. All speakers/session chairs/co-authors are required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee.
To ensure your presentation, full paper, or abstract is posted on our website conference program and in the onsite Conference Book of Abstracts, you must present at the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee by the stated deadlines.
The speaker, co-author and session chair discounted full-conference in-person registration fee includes*
- Onsite Conference Book of Abstracts
- Access to online Conference Proceedings
- Access to all Technical Sessions and Plenary Session
- Exhibitor Contact Listing and Entrance into the Exhibit Hall
- Daily Refreshments
- All Scheduled Conference Luncheons and Receptions
*subject to change
Speaker & Co-Author Conference Discounted Conference Registration Fee
2. Abstract Submission Information
Join a diverse crowd of industry professionals at the conference by becoming a presenter.
We welcome abstracts which address environmental and regulatory issues covering many areas of the petroleum industry (upstream, midstream, and downstream issues), discussing best practices, problems encountered, solutions discovered, case studies, technical advancement and expertise.
By doing so, you will be assisting in meeting the new challenges and demands placed on our industry by being a part of this year’s IPEC Conference.
When submitting your abstract, write it in a way that will attract more people to your presentation. Begin with an eye-catching session title! Maybe make it into a question or a thought-provoking statement. We have seen the most attendance in sessions that have titles and abstracts which are interesting, engaging, and written in such a way as to show what benefit will be received by attending your presentation.
Presentations are accepted on a first-come/first-served basis. Early submission of abstracts is highly recommended as presentation time slots are limited.
DRIVE MORE PEOPLE TO YOUR WEBSITE: We will be posting presentation titles on our website as soon as they are approved along with a link to you company’s website . So the earlier you submit an abstract, the earlier your company’s link will be posted on the conference website increasing the time those interested will have to visit your website. What great advertising!
NOTE: All presentations are scheduled for a total of 20 minutes (followed by 5 minutes of Q & A).
IPEC Presentation Tracks:
– Remediation of Refined Products in Groundwater (Gasoline, Diesel, Jet Fuel)
– Produced Water Treatment, Management Strategies & Practices
– Beneficial Re-Use of Produced Water and Flowback Water
– Hydraulic Fracturing Issues
– Groundwater Remediation
– Spill Response: Spill Modeling along Pipeline
– Remediation of Refined Products in Soil (Gasoline, Diesel, Jet Fuel)
– Remediation of Brine Spills
– In Situ Chemical Oxidation
– Remediation of Hydrocarbon Spills from Exploration & Production
– Remediation of Hydrocarbon Spills from Transportation & Storage
– Site Characterization & Forensic Geochemistry
– O&G Environmental Legal & Regulatory Issues
– Environmental Management Systems: Reviewing & Implementing Improvements
– Waste Management & Pollution Prevention
– Risk Assessment & Risk Management
– Air & Noise Emissions
– EHS Best Management Practices
– Drones & UAVs: Use Of and Protection Against
– Cyber Security for the Oil and Gas Industry
3. General Information
- To ensure your presentation is posted on the conference website and in the onsite Conference Book of Abstracts, you must present at the conference, register and pay the appropriate registration fee, and meet the required deadlines.
- Final Speaker Registration & Payment Deadline:TBD. (An administrative fee of $150 will be applied to those received after this date. Speaker substitutions are permitted).
- Acceptance notices will be sent as soon as abstract is reviewed and approved.
- Presentation Time – 20 minutes. Followed by 5 minutes for Q & A
- Only Powerpoint presentations will be supported
- It is requested that presenters do not imbed videos within their presentations. Please note, in the past there have been compatibility problems with conference-provided computers and projectors and presentations produced on Macintosh computers.
- A laptop and projector will be provided
- Each presenter must bring their presentation on a flash drive and arrive at the session room 15-20 minutes before the session starts to upload their presentation onto the laptop provided
- Presentations should avoid obvious and excessive evidence of commercialization and sales-oriented content
- OPTIONAL: If a presenter wishes to submit a full manuscript, all final versions of accepted papers must be submitted electronically. No printed or “hard” copies will be accepted. See the IPEC Full Paper Electronic Submission Guidelines for complete instructions. The IPEC Manuscript Layout Instructions gives specific layout instructions.
- IN-PERSON Conference Waiver: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and because our IPEC participants, presenters, exhibitors health and well-being is our most important priority, the Event is working closely with the Hyatt Regency Hotel Riverwalk San Antonio and our other event partners on developing and implementing health and safety measures, and biosafety best practices for the Event. However, since each individual’s health and safety needs and concerns may differ, we strongly recommend that each participant carefully evaluate their personal health needs and concerns before registering for and or attending the Event in-person. Your attendance at the Event is completely voluntary. As such, your attendance is at your own risk, and you voluntarily assume any and all risks and hazards, including without limitation, personal injury, illness, or otherwise, and hereby release the hotel, IPEC Speakers/Presenters and Exhibitors, and The University of Tulsa, and all of their officers, employees, partners, contractors and vendors of any liability related to your attendance.
If you have any questions about submitting an abstract or presenting at the conference, contact Steve Hall at Stephen-Hall@utulsa.edu.