24th IPEC, International Petroleum Environmental Conference
San Antonio, TX, Oct. 30 – Nov. 1, 2017
Presenting at IPEC is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise on environmental issues and solutions the petroleum industry is facing today. This knowledge sharing and networking with others seeking solutions to environmental problems of a technical, legal and regulatory nature benefits the industry as a whole, something which this conference has been doing for the past 23 years.
Speaking at the upcoming IPEC conference has many benefits, including:
- Excellent exposure to build personal and/or professional brand
- Allows you to showcase your research
- Opportunity to create new business relationships
- Share knowledge and experiences to advance the industry
- Become associated with other high quality industry leaders
- Receive national and international recognition
- Network and connect with industry colleagues
- Raise awareness of your company
- Presenters receive a discounted conference registration fee
The following three sections of information will assist you in this process by outlining the general procedures for presentations and sessions, as well as providing general conference information.
Please take time to review each of the following 3 sections.
1. Speaker, Session Chair, Co-Author Registration Information
We appreciate the participation of all our presenters, session chairs & co-authors and gladly extend to them a discounted conference registration fee. All speakers/session chairs/co-authors are required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee.
To ensure your presentation, full paper, or abstract is posted on our website conference program and in the onsite Conference Book of Abstracts, you must present at the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee by the stated deadlines.
The speaker/co-author/session chair discounted full-conference registration fee includes
- Onsite Conference Book of Abstracts
- Access to online Conference Proceedings
- Access to all Technical Sessions and Plenary Session
- Exhibitor Contact Listing and Entrance into the Exhibit Hall
- Daily Refreshments
- All Scheduled Conference Luncheons and Receptions
Save $150 by submitting your abstract by April 28, 2017 and registration/payment received before May 19, 2017.
Speaker Registration Fees (per person in net US $)
– Full Conference Early Bird Discounted Rate: $745.00. To qualify for this discounted fee, abstract must be submitted by April 28, 2017 and payment received before May 19, 2017.
– Full Conference Speaker Rate: $895.00. Registration fee when abstract is submitted after April 28, 2017.
Co-Author Fees (per person in net US $)
– Co-Author Full Conference Registration Fee: $895.00
Click on the Conference Registration link at the bottom of this page to sign-up.
2. Abstract Submission Information
Join a diverse crowd of industry professionals at the 2017 conference by becoming a presenter.
Submit an abstract which addresses solutions to environmental problems and regulatory issues in the petroleum industry, your best practices, case studies, technical advancement and expertise on dealing with these issues.
By doing so, you will be assisting in meeting the new challenges and demands placed on our industry by being a part of this year’s IPEC Conference.
Presentations are accepted on a first-come/first-served basis. Early submission of abstracts is highly recommended as presentation time slots are limited. Click the link at the bottom of this page to submit your abstract today.
2017 IPEC Presentation Tracks:
– Produced Water Treatment, Management Strategies and Practices
– Beneficial Re-Use of Produced Water and Flowback Water
– Hydraulic Fracturing Issues
– Groundwater Remediation
– Remediation of Hydrocarbon Spills
– Remediation for Brine Spills
– In Situ Chemical Oxidation
– NAPL Issues
– Air Emissions
– Site Characterization & Forensic Geochemistry
– Risk Assessment and Risk Management
– Legal & Regulatory Issues
– New Technologies in Waste Management and Pollution Prevention
– Other Environmental Issues Related to Exploration and Production of Petroleum
3. General Information
- Final Speaker Registration & Payment Deadline: September 29, 2017. (An administrative fee of $150 will be applied to those received after this date. Speaker substitutions are permitted).
- To ensure your presentation is posted on the conference website and in the onsite Conference Book of Abstracts, you must present at the conference, register and pay the appropriate registration fee, and meet the required deadlines.
- Acceptance notices will be sent as soon as abstract is reviewed and approved.
- Presentation Time – 20 minutes with 5 minutes for Q&A
- Only Powerpoint presentations will be supported
- It is requested that presenters do not imbed videos within their presentations. Please note, in the past there have been compatibility problems with conference-provided computers and projectors and presentations produced on Macintosh computers.
- A laptop and projector will be provided
- Each presenter must bring their presentation on a flash drive and arrive at the session room 15-20 minutes before the session starts to upload their presentation onto the laptop provided
- Presentations should avoid obvious and excessive evidence of commercialization and sales-oriented content
- OPTIONAL: If a presenter wishes to submit a full manuscript, all final versions of accepted papers must be submitted electronically. No printed or “hard” copies will be accepted. See the IPEC Full Paper Electronic Submission Guidelines for complete instructions. The IPEC Manuscript Layout Instructions gives specific layout instructions.
If you have any questions about submitting an abstract or presenting at the conference, contact Steve Hall at Stephen-Hall@utulsa.edu.