26th IPEC: International Petroleum Environmental Conference
San Antonio, Texas * October 7-9, 2019
Presenting at IPEC is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise on environmental issues and solutions the petroleum industry is facing today. This knowledge sharing and networking with others seeking solutions to environmental problems of a technical, legal and regulatory nature benefits the industry as a whole (upstream, midstream & downstream), something which this conference has been doing for the past 25 years.
Speaking at the upcoming IPEC conference has many benefits, including:
- Excellent exposure to build personal and/or professional brand
- Allows you to showcase your research
- Opportunity to create new business relationships
- Share knowledge and experiences to advance the industry
- Become associated with other high quality industry leaders
- Receive national and international recognition
- Network and connect with industry colleagues
- Raise awareness of your company
- Presenters receive a discounted conference registration fee
INTERESTED IN BEING A PRESENTER AT IPEC? PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
The following three sections of information will assist you in this process by outlining the general procedures for presentations and sessions, as well as providing general conference information.
Please take time to review each of the following 3 sections.
1. Speaker, Session Chair, Co-Author Registration Information
– Opening Soon!
We appreciate the participation of all our presenters, session chairs & co-authors and gladly extend to them a discounted conference registration fee. All speakers/session chairs/co-authors are required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee.
To ensure your presentation, full paper, or abstract is posted on our website conference program and in the onsite Conference Book of Abstracts, you must present at the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee by the stated deadlines.
The speaker, co-author and session chair discounted full-conference registration fee includes
- Onsite Conference Book of Abstracts
- Access to online Conference Proceedings
- Access to all Technical Sessions and Plenary Session
- Exhibitor Contact Listing and Entrance into the Exhibit Hall
- Daily Refreshments
- All Scheduled Conference Luncheons and Receptions
2019 Discounted Speaker & Co-Author Conference Discounted Conference Registration Fee (per person in net US $): TBD Registration Opening Soon!
2. Abstract Submission Information
– Opening Soon!
Join a diverse crowd of industry professionals at the 2019 conference by becoming a presenter.
We welcome abstracts which address environmental and regulatory issues covering many areas of the petroleum industry (exploration, production, transportation, storage), discussing best practices, problems encountered, solutions discovered, case studies, technical advancement and expertise.
By doing so, you will be assisting in meeting the new challenges and demands placed on our industry by being a part of this year’s IPEC Conference.
When submitting your abstract, write it in a way that will attract more people to your presentation. Begin with an eye-catching session title! Maybe make it into a question or a thought-provoking statement. We have seen the most attendance in sessions that have titles and abstracts which are interesting, engaging, and written in such a way as to show what benefit will be received by attending your presentation.
Presentations are accepted on a first-come/first-served basis. Early submission of abstracts is highly recommended as presentation time slots are limited.
NOTE: All presentations are scheduled for a total of 20 minutes (followed by 5 minutes of Q & A).
2019 IPEC Presentation Topics Include:
WATER: Treatment & Management Strategies
– Produced Water Treatment, Management Strategies & Practices
– Beneficial Re-Use of Produced Water and Flowback Water
– Hydraulic Fracturing Issues
– Groundwater Remediation
SOIL: Site Characterization & Remediation
– Remediation of Brine Spills
– In Situ Chemical Oxidation
– Remediation of Hydrocarbon Spills from Exploration & Production
– Remediation of Hydrocarbon Spills from Transportation & Storage
– Site Characterization & Forensic Geochemistry
OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES: Related to Exploration and Production, Transportation and Storage of Petroleum
– Legal & Regulatory Issues
– Waste Management & Pollution Prevention
– Risk Assessment & Risk Management
– Air & Noise Emissions
3. General Information
- To ensure your presentation is posted on the conference website and in the onsite Conference Book of Abstracts, you must present at the conference, register and pay the appropriate registration fee, and meet the required deadlines.
- Final Speaker Registration & Payment Deadline:TBD. (An administrative fee of $150 will be applied to those received after this date. Speaker substitutions are permitted).
- Acceptance notices will be sent as soon as abstract is reviewed and approved.
- Presentation Time – 20 minutes. Followed by 5 minutes for Q & A
- Only Powerpoint presentations will be supported
- It is requested that presenters do not imbed videos within their presentations. Please note, in the past there have been compatibility problems with conference-provided computers and projectors and presentations produced on Macintosh computers.
- A laptop and projector will be provided
- Each presenter must bring their presentation on a flash drive and arrive at the session room 15-20 minutes before the session starts to upload their presentation onto the laptop provided
- Presentations should avoid obvious and excessive evidence of commercialization and sales-oriented content
- OPTIONAL: If a presenter wishes to submit a full manuscript, all final versions of accepted papers must be submitted electronically. No printed or “hard” copies will be accepted. See the IPEC Full Paper Electronic Submission Guidelines for complete instructions. The IPEC Manuscript Layout Instructions gives specific layout instructions.
If you have any questions about submitting an abstract or presenting at the conference, contact Steve Hall at Stephen-Hall@utulsa.edu.