From the history of fossil fuels to where we are today in the oil and gas industry (and where the future is leading us), this online course will help you understand it all better by providing an overall perspective of the petroleum industry.
Participants will gain a deeper proficiency of the roles and responsibilities of the many team members within their companies. With each lesson, they will learn how all jobs, including their own, are necessary to move the bottom line in the oilfield which is adding reserves and making a profit. They will learn the essential tools of both conventional and unconventional exploration, production and development.
This online program is very interactive. Exercises include well log correlations, subsurface map interpretations, economic analysis and deal structure assessments.
This course introduces the language, tools and techniques used by geologists and geophysicists in oil and gas exploration and production. It is a presentation of technical material in a non-technical manner. Each person (located in the US) who enrolls in the on-line class will be sent a Rock and Mineral Kit. Upon completion of the course, each participant will also be sent a certificate.
- Geology 101
- Geological Timescale and Plate Tectonics
- Sedimentary and Fault Traps: Structures and Mapping
- Oil vs Gas: How and Where Does it Come From?
- Geophysics and How it is Used Today
- Land Acquisition and Requirements to Drill a Prospect
- Building a Prospect with the Team and Getting it Approved
- Drilling a Well: Vertical and Horizontal
- Completing a Well: Fracing Techniques
- How we Moved from Vertical to Horizontal in the E&P Industry
- Pumping Money out of the Ground: Production
- Downstream and Marketing
- Reserves and Decline Curves: Keeping the Wells Alive
- The Bottom Line: The Rig Schedule
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Beginner
Field of Study: Oil and Gas Overview
Who Should Attend: Any non-technical employee working or interested in the Oil and Gas Industry. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Landmen, Land Admin, Land Technicians
- Exhibit Booth Personnel
- Lease Analysts
- Administrative Assistants
- Field Support & Managers
- Attorneys and Legal Teams
- Entry-level to 5 year Geologists & Engineers
- Marketing/Sales Group
- Engineering & Geological/Geophysical Technicians
- Financial Analysts & Accountants
- HSE Personnel
- New Hires who may be coming from outside the industry
- IT Support and Managers
- Human Resources Personnel
If you are needing an overall perspective of the petroleum industry in order to become more knowledgeable, productive, and confident in your job…sign up for this course today!
Delivery Method: On-Line. In total, the course has about 14 hours of recorded lecture and videos to watch that reinforce the material. In addition, there are 6 quizzes of 10 questions each that are inserted throughout the course. Participants have 2 months to complete the program.
Reviews from company employees using this course for training:
- “Very good course; would recommend to anyone in O&G”
- “Overall great course! I appreciated the map and drill rig poster, as well as the rock samples!”
- “Fun course (experimenting with the rocks was fun), nice chunks of material and felt like I was learning quality information.”
- “I learned more than expected. Very pleased that I can apply knowledge gained from course in job. I love the petroleum glossary as well.”
- “I really enjoyed this class. I’ve worked in the industry since 1999 and learned so much more – to actually see the videos and pictures of the different processes in drilling a well, different types of rigs, the fracing procedures, and all of the components used / involved to get a well to production. I appreciate the map and the drill and beam pumper posters. There is a great deal of information on these visuals / aids – our Engineer in the office was very impressed with these tools.”
To register for the course, or to take a sneak peek of the course with a demo login and password, contact our office at at email@example.com , or by calling 918-631-3088.
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must complete all chapters and quizzes.
Participants will earn 14 PDH credits, and 1.4 CEU credits
Request a Course Quote for Company License
Individual Registrations ($795/person)
Once payment is received (registrations and/or company license), TU-CESE will email you a login and password with instructions on how to access the course.
Refunds and Cancellations: No refunds will be granted once the course has been paid for and the login information has been sent to the participant(s). For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 918-631-3088.