Dates TBD | Tulsa, OK
In just three days, you will understand the big picture of the petroleum industry, learn the fundamentals and language of petroleum exploration, drilling and production…and have fun doing it! This understanding of the oil and gas industry will enable you to communicate more efficiently and perform your job more effectively.
- You will be introduced to exploration techniques and tools that geologists and geophysicists use, such as correlation, mapping and seismic.
- Dr. Norman J. Hyne, the instructor, will explain the methods used to drill, test, and complete a well, and how the gas and oil are produced.
- You will work with samples of geological and engineering materials, plus you will learn to identify common rocks and minerals using various different hands-on methods.
- Exercises throughout the course provide practical experience with well correlation, well log interpretation, subsurface map interpretation, and seismic interpretation. You will actually locate where to drill a well on the map you correlated!
- You will hear stories during the program of many famous (and not so famous) oil and gas professionals, which helps bring the industry to life.
Who Should Attend:
Do you need an overall perspective of petroleum exploration, drilling, and production in order to be more productive at your job? If so, this seminar is for you!
Past participants have included managers, accountants, landmen, draftsmen, attorneys, secretaries and clerks, geological and geophysical technicians, investors, petroleum service personnel, petroleum banking and financial ventures personnel, business administrators and executives, human resources personnel, geophysicists without geological training, computer programmers, economists, and engineers.
Walk Away Knowing…
- The basic processes in the formation of rocks and petroleum.
- The occurrence, distribution, and nature of oil and gas.
- The use of geological and seismic data in petroleum exploration.
- How to explore for oil and gas.
- how to drill and complete a well.
- how to qualitatively interpret well logs.
- How to produce petroleum and calculate reserves.
- Stories about oil and gas professionals throughout history which helped shape the industry.
Just a few of the BENEFITS of attending this program include:
1. You will see how the processes behind petroleum exploration and production contribute to your company
2. Your newly acquired skill set can immediately be put to work increasing your overall job productivity.
3. This program will build your enthusiasm for the petroleum industry and increase your confidence.
4. Obtaining a better understanding of the industry will allow you to communicate efficiently with others in your company.
“Dr. Hyne’s delivery of the material is unmatched! His experience and knowledge shine through!” – IT Admin, Geoscience Systems, Anadarko
“This course was fabulous. It was extremely informative and kept my interest the entire time.” – Landman, Dominion
“Excellent! This class should be mandatory for all non-geologist personnel in petroleum companies.” – Sr. Systems Technical Assistant, ExxonMobil
“Amazing course. Super helpful. Norm is a fantastic instructor.” – Division Order Analyst, FourPoint Energy, LLC
“This class is a must for anybody that provides any kind of services to petroleum geologists.” – Technology Delivery Analyst, ExxonMobil
“Excellent course. Learned a ton and was engaged the entire three days.” – Landman, Noble Energy, Inc.
“Norm is a GREAT teacher. The class was fun in addition to being very informative. I now feel I can understand my daily tasks better.” – Engineering Geo Tech, BTA Oil Producers, LLC
Register for the Upcoming Class
|Date TBD | Tulsa, OK||Registration Coming Soon|
Norman J. Hyne, PhD
You Will Receive
Course Registration Fees:
Date, Time & Location
The course runs from 8:15 am – 4:30 pm each day.
Date TBD | Tulsa, OK