This practical two-day seminar is designed for engineers and other technical professionals making the transition to management and team leadership roles.
We believe this program meets the criteria for continuing professional development in many state and national professional organizations.
- Engineering supervisors
- Section heads
- Group leaders
- Project managers
- Research and Development personnel
Participants will come away with a personal ‘action plan’, learn from the real-world management experiences of the instructor and the other participants, receive tips on solving specific problems technical people have in assuming managerial roles.
Participants will learn to:
- Organize a group of technical people for maximum effectiveness
- Staff in a way that matches jobs with talents
- Delegate intelligently
- Motivate your staff to peak performance
- Communicate more effectively
- Manage your time by priority
Move successfully from engineer to manager
Time-tested management and leadership skills including:
- Speaking and writing with impact
- Assigning and delegation of tasks
- Motivating staff to higher performance
- Discovery and actualization of people resources
Managing time effectively
This course can be customized to meet your training needs.