If you work with heavy vehicle systems, you need to understand how the different electronic control units (ECUs) communicate with one another. By attending this workshop, participants will gain that knowledge. They will work with actual hardware and build their own software to perform basic communication functions; plus work practical examples of J1939, ISO15765, J1708, and RP1210.
In this hands-on class engineers, technicians, investigators, and programmers will:
- Understand Controller Area Network (CAN) message framing, arbitration, transmits, and its associated hardware.
- Learn how to decode a CAN frame from a J1939 network and describe the contents of the message.
- Implement a transport layer in an Arduino programming environment to send and receive long messages.
- Understand legacy SAE J1708 and J1587 standards and how they influenced J1939.
- Know how to identify ISO15765 diagnostic services and their coexistence on J1939.
- Be able to use Linux Socket CAN and Python to develop custom applications.
- Use RP1210 to build a custom application.
Participants will receive: Beagle Bone Black, Truck Cape, Teensy 32-bit Arduino Compatible USB Breakout Board, Teensy Based Crash
Course Prerequisites: Participants will need to bring their laptop computer and be able to install Python and Arduino programming environments. A general familiarity with: 1) the operation of heavy vehicle systems, 2) how service technicians use a computer connected to a heavy vehicle, and 3) be comfortable with writing computer programs at a basic level.
May 9 – 11, 2017 – Tulsa, OK
|Register for this course|
Many courses offered by CESE are also available on-site. In-company training simplifies scheduling, ensuring more of your employees will be able to attend and learn.
|Request a Course Quote|
Who Should Attend
During this three-day course, you will take-away. . .
Additional course, hotel and shuttle information will be sent to you prior to the course start date.
Hotel Room Reservations
Need Room Reservations? We have reserved a block of rooms at the Doubletree Hotel at Warren Place (6110 S. Yale, Tulsa, OK 74136) at the University of Tulsa rate of $97.00. Contact the hotel directly at 1-800-801-1317 (or 918-495-1000) to make your reservations. We will provide daily shuttle service from this hotel only to the course held at the university.