Designed for support staff in the Oil and Gas industry,the participant will learn the fundamentals and language of petroleum exploration, drilling and production, which enables them to be more efficient and perform their job better. Accountants, managers, attorneys, administrative support, and human resources personnel is the targeted audience for this two-day overview of the industry. Others who will benefit include geological and geophysical technicians, landmen, computer programmers, draftsmen, engineers and geophysicists without geological training.
Who Should Attend?
Accountants, managers, attorneys, administrative support and human resources personnel. Others who will benefit from this class include geological and geophysical technicians, landmen, computer programmers, draftsmen, engineers and geophysicists without geological training.
This program meets the criteria for continuing professional development in many state and national professional organizations.
Objectives / Benefits:
- Presentation of technical material in a non-technical manner
- Introduces the language, tools, and techniques used by geologists and geophysicists in oil and gas exploration
- An extensive reference guide / workbook
- Rock and Mineral Kit
- Geological Time Card
- Two Wall Charts
Exercises include a Geo-Jeopardy game, well-log correlation, and interpreting subsurface maps, seismic records and well logs. Examples such as a drill bit and crude oils are displayed.
This course can be customized to meet your training needs.
- “Very thorough, informative, interesting. Very knowledgeable teacher who is excited about petroleum and geology.”
- “The Instructor took a potentially very dry, boring subject and turned it into a fun learning experience.”
- “Great class! Loved the topic. Instructor had awesome knowledge and great personality.”
- “Fast-paced crash course in the oil industry. This class was the next best thing to learning on an oil rig in the field.” – Carissa L., Sales Analyst, eLynx Technologies
- “Even though I’ve worked in the industry for over a decade, my work has been very technical and computer software focused. It was great to gain an understanding of how the rest of the industry works.” Mike C., Sr. Software Developer, eLynx Technologies