Learn significant technical skills which you can apply to real-world situations in this 3-day compact & to-the-point course.
Evren Ozbayoglu, Executive Director of the TU Drilling Research Projects (TUDRP) and currently “Chapman Endowed Wellspring Professor” of TU’s Petroleum Engineering Department. Dr. Ozbayoglu has numerous publications and has participated in several industrial projects on major drilling engineering topics as well as wellbore hydraulics, hole cleaning, tubular mechanics and data analytics. He is a member of SPE and ASME, and was awarded the SPE Regional Drililng Engineer Award in 2019.
Length: 3 Days | 8:30 am – 4:30 pm each day
Level: Intermediate to Advanced | Specialized
Date: June 23-25, 2020 | Tulsa, OK
Summary of Course Topics:
- Managed Pressure Drilling MPD (mudcap, l-gradient drilling)
- Underbalanced Drilling UBD (air/gas/mist, 2-phase, foams)
- Drillstring & Casing Design for vertical, directional & horizontal wells
- Common Drilling Problems (stuck pipe, lost circulation, kick, hole cleaning wellbore stability, stick-slip)
- Drilling Optimization (hydraulics, tubular design, trajectory design, ROP, mechanical specific energy, data analytics)
Acquire information which can be directly applied while designing a process, conduction a field operation or for verification purposes.
Who Should Attend:
- Drilling Engineers
- Completion Engineers
- Drilling Supervisors
- Technical Support Personnel & Managers
- Personnel involved with drilling and completions operations including well planning
Gain knowledge and experience of design and application concepts for specific drilling & completion areas.
Attain the latest & most recent techniques and knowledge available of these important topics.
Walk away with a solid technical foundation.
Acquire the necessary skills for estimating operating parameters, designing operations and processes.
Develop problem solving skills through working realistic field-based in-class exercises.
Learn how to calculate, estimate, and design certain drilling and completion aspects considering the course topics.
Managed Pressure Drilling / Underbalanced Drilling
Drillstring & Casing Design
|– Combination casing string design for vertical, directional & horizontal wells
– Numerical examples & applications
Major Drilling Problems
A basic knowledge of the oil and gas industry is required. Since the course will involve calculations, participants need to have good math skills and bring their scientific calculator.
Date, Time & Location
June 23-25, 2020 | Tulsa, Oklahoma
The course will be held at The University of Tulsa’s Henneke Building, 1204 S. Harvard
Times: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm each day
Need a Hotel Room?
We suggest booking your hotel room at the Doubletree Hilton Hotel (6110 S. Yale) in Tulsa, OK. Contact them directly at 918-495-1000 and request the University of Tulsa meeting rate. Free covered parking in adjacent garage for hotel guests.
- $1,795.00 per person: TUDRP Member Company Discount
- $1,895.00 per person: BEST DEAL DISCOUNT Deadline: April 24, 2020
- $1,995.00 per person: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT Deadline: May 29, 2020
- $2,495.00 per person: Regular Course Fee
|June 23-25, 2020 | Tulsa, OK||Register Online|
|This course is also available for on-site/in-company training. If interested in this option for 12+, please complete the In-Company Training Request Form.||In-Company Request Form|