International Petroleum Environmental Conference
ADDRESSING. RESOLVING. SHARING.
Environmental Issues and Solutions in Exploration, Production, Refining & Distribution of Petroleum
The 2019 International Petroleum Environmental Conference (IPEC) will bring together industry professionals from upstream, midstream and downstream companies who are involved in developing and implementing solutions to address and resolve environmental problems faced by all aspects of the petroleum industry, to share best practices and information regarding advances in emerging technology, and discuss current cyber security concerns.
The conference provides a unique networking opportunity and features:
- Opening Session & Luncheon speakers are leading experts exploring timely petroleum environmental problems and solutions.
- Technical Sessions focusing on current issues and solutions.
- Industry Exhibits
Participants of this long-running conference work in industry, government and academia across the U.S. and international locations. It continues to provide them with a forum to discuss various aspects of current oil and gas environmental issues.
IPEC creates an opportunity for engineering students to participate in the conference. It exposes them to various industry practices and gives them an opportunity to present their on their current research to industry professionals.
IPEC Conference Chair:
Kerry Sublette, Ph.D., Sarkeys Professor of Environmental Engineering, The University of Tulsa, Department of Chemical Engineering. Dr. Kerry Sublette, makes the news:
“Salt of the Earth: A TU Professor’s Work on Brine Spills gave the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve Worldwide Impact”
(picture credit: Kelly Bostian Tulsa World)
IPEC is About
- F-2-F Networking: Establishing new business contacts, visiting with colleagues, sharing information and forming collaborations
- Gaining insight into issues affecting the oil and gas industry worldwide
- Hearing first-hand what leading professionals have to say on important environmental issues and what solutions work for them
- Technical sessions give you up-to-date information on new technologies, solutions, and regulations.
- The industry exhibits showcase what’s new in research, products and services
- The knowledge gained by attending will help you make better decisions for your company
- Providing a forum to discuss various aspects of current oil and gas environmental issues
|Exploration & Production Companies
Health, Safety, Environmental Specialists & Engineers
Midstream Oil & Gas Companies
Oil Service Companies
HSSE Managers & Directors
Environmental Professionals & Consultants
|Oil & Gas Attorneys
Water Treatment Management Firms
Petroleum Environmental Engineers
IPEC Presentation Topics have included the following (but are not limited to):
WATER: Treatment & Management Strategies
– Produced Water Treatment, Management Strategies & Practices
– Beneficial Re-Use of Produced Water and Flowback Water
– Hydraulic Fracturing Issues
– Groundwater Remediation
SOIL: Site Characterization & Remediation
– Remediation of Brine Spills
– In Situ Chemical Oxidation
– Remediation of Hydrocarbon Spills from Exploration & Production
– Remediation of Hydrocarbon Spills from Transportation & Storage
– Site Characterization & Forensic Geochemistry
OTHER PETROLEUM ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES related to exploration & production; transportation, storage & cyber security
– Legal & Regulatory Issues
– Waste Management & Pollution Prevention
– Risk Assessment & Risk Management
– Air & Noise Emissions
– NAPL Issues
– EHS Best Management Practices
– UAVs and Drones: Use of & Protection Against
– CYBER Security for the oil & gas industry