This dynamic two-day Gas & Energy Markets Primer provides a practical & real-world understanding of the physical and financial energy markets… natural gas, crude oil, unleaded gasoline and heating oil… providing you with the knowledge needed to successfully navigate this volatile market. Terminology, concepts, and the mechanics will be reviewed and discussed with an objective of helping eliminate the mystery around what many consider a daunting topic.
Those involved in all sectors of the oil & gas industry (upstream, midstream, downstream) needing to understand energy market pricing, trading and hedging will benefit from attending this program. They will be able to apply the information gained immediately to their jobs become more efficient, productive, and successful.
The instructor, Tom Seng, will lead an in-depth examination and discussion on the factors that influence energy pricing including:
- Energy Logistics & Value Chain
- Physical “cash” market for energy and the related published indexes
- New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX)and energy futures contracts
- Speculative trading for profit
- Hedging price risk for producers & consumers of energy
- Risk controls in Energy Trading & Hedging
During this two-day seminar, you will learn…
- How the market for oil, natural gas, heating oil and gasoline functions
- How to interpret various factors that can influence energy prices
- About financial markets for energy commodities including energy financial derivatives
- What it takes to be proactive in planning for and reacting to the many factors at play in ever-changing energy prices
- How to hedge energy price/market risk and how hedging is used by various groups within the energy industry
- An in-depth understanding of how to hedge price/market risk in the energy marketplace.
Walk Away With…:
- Enhanced knowledge of ‘market’ terminology
- Practical understanding of energy risk management
- Awareness of the many domestic US and global factors that impact energy pricing
Sign up Today! Don’t miss the BEST DEAL DISCOUNT: $1,295.00 per person (Deadline: expired)
There are other discounts available!
Contact our office to sign-up today! Online registration Now Available – Sign-up Below.
The University of Tulsa, CESE
SCROLL DOWN FOR ADDITIONAL COURSE INFORMATION & PROGRAM OUTLINE
|September 25-26, 2019 * Tulsa, OK
Early Bird Discount ($1,595/person) EXTENDED Deadline: September 9, 2019
|Register Online Here|
Tom Seng, MBA
Who Should Attend
Those involved in all sectors of the oil & gas industry (upstream, midstream, downstream) needing to understand energy market pricing, trading and hedging.
*There are no prerequisites for attendance and no prior knowledge of the topics to be covered is necessary for attendance.
Program Highlights & Benefits
Oil and Gas Market Overview
This class meets the criteria for continuing professional development in many state and national professional organizations.
Date, Time & Location
The seminar meets from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm each day.
September 25-26, 2019 | Tulsa, OK