From the history of fossil fuels to where we are today in the oil and gas industry (and where the future is leading us), this online course will help you understand it all better by providing an overall perspective of the petroleum industry.
Participants will gain a deeper proficiency of the roles and responsibilities of the many team members within their companies. With each lesson, they will learn how all jobs, including their own, are necessary to move the bottom line in the oilfield which is adding reserves and making a profit. They will learn the essential tools of both conventional and unconventional exploration, production and development.
This online program is very interactive. Exercises include well log correlations, subsurface map interpretations, economic analysis and deal structure assessments.
It is designed for any employee working in, or is interested in, the oil and gas industry. It provides them with an understanding of their role in the business and how it relates to the complex industry in which they work. These include, but are not limited to:
- Landmen, Land Admin, Land Technicians
- Exhibit Booth Personnel
- Lease Analysts
- Administrative Assistants
- Field Support & Managers
- Attorneys and Legal Teams
- Entry-level to 5 year Geologists & Engineers
- Marketing/Sales Group
- Engineering & Geological/Geophysical Technicians
- Financial Analysts & Accountants
- HSE Personnel
- New Hires who may be coming from outside the industry
- IT Support and Managers
- Human Resources Personnel
Evaluations are coming in from folks who have completed the training, and here is what some are saying:
“I learned way more than I expected. I’m very pleased that I can apply knowledge gained from the course on the job.”
“What I liked most is that it covers everything from the first well ever drilled to current production.”
“I forgot at times I was watching the class on-line. The instructor is engaging, funny, and one of the most knowledgeable people about the industry.”
Delivery Method & Other Course Information: On-line, Take-at-your-own-pace. The course has approximately 14 hours of recorded lecture and videos. In addition, there are 6 quizzes of 10 questions each that are inserted throughout the course. Participants will be sent a Rock and Mineral Kit for individual hands-on demonstration purposes. It is recommended you receive this rock and mineral kit before starting the course. Please note: We regret that we are unable to ship the rock and mineral kit to participants with non-USA addresses. However, the rocks and minerals are displayed beautifully on screen in this online course. Upon completion of the course, all participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from The University of Tulsa, Continuing Education for Science & Engineering Department. Participants have 2 months to complete the program. If more time is needed, the login and password will be re-issued for a $100 administrative fee.
- Geology 101
- Geological Timescale and Plate Tectonics
- Sedimentary and Fault Traps: Structures and Mapping
- Oil vs Gas: How and Where Does it Come From?
- Geophysics and How it is Used Today
- Land Acquisition and Requirements to Drill a Prospect
- Building a Prospect with the Team and Getting it Approved
- Drilling a Well: Vertical and Horizontal
- Completing a Well: Fracing Techniques
- How we Moved from Vertical to Horizontal in the E&P Industry
- Pumping Money out of the Ground: Production
- Downstream and Marketing
- Reserves and Decline Curves: Keeping the Wells Alive
- The Bottom Line: The Rig Schedule
- 14 PDHs (Professional Development Hours)
- 1.4 CEUs (Continuing Education Credits)
In order to be awarded the full credit hours and receive a Certificate of Completion, you must successfully complete all chapters and quizzes.
If you are needing an overall perspective of the petroleum industry in order to become more knowledgeable, productive, and confident in your job…sign up for this course today!
Once your registration and payment are received (either individually or company license) TU-CESE will email you a login and password with instructions on how to access the course.
Individual Registration Fee: $795.00/person
This course is offered by TU-CESE to companies on a license basis. This allows the company to sign-up a group (5 or more) of employees for this course during a specified time frame at a discounted rate.
|Request Company License Quote|