A Review Course for practicing engineers preparing to take the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam in ‘Other Disciplines’ or ‘General’.
Spring 2020 | January 18 to March 7 | 8 Saturdays | 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Register for the Spring 2020 Course
Fall 2020 | August 29 to October 17 | 8 Saturdays | 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Register for the Fall 2020 Course
Frank Manning, PhD, Professor Emeritus, of Chemical Engineering, University of Tulsa
John Henshaw, P.E., PhD, University of Tulsa, Department Chair & Professor of Mechanical Engineering
James Childress, Sr. Instructor in Computer Science, University of Tulsa, College of Engineering & Natural Sciences
Nathan Hutchins, PhD, Chapman Applied Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tulsa
Michael Keller, P.E., PhD, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Benefits of Attending
- You will receive demonstrations of solution methods and practices on typical problems from recent exams.
- Provided notes and handouts prepare you for the exam.
- Discuss problems with other engineers preparing to take the exam.
- Availability to experts…your instructors (University of Tulsa Faculty).
Review Course Outline
- Mathematics and Advanced Mathematics (Childress)
- Electricity, Power & Magnetism / Instrumentation & Data (Hutchins)
- Probability and Statistics & Engineering Economics (Childress/Manning)
- Statics and Dynamics (Keller)
- Heat, Mass, and Energy Transfer & Safety, Health & Environment (Manning)
- Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics of Liquids & Fluid Mechanics of Gases (Manning)
- Ethics & Mechanics of Materials (Henshaw)
- Chemistry and Materials Science (Henshaw)
Review Course Times & Location
8 Saturday Mornings | 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
University of Tulsa Campus | Keplinger Hall
The FE Exam Review Course is a TOTAL of eight Saturday mornings. Each person needs to attend all eight sessions to complete the review.
Spring 2020 Dates:
January 18, January 25, February 1, February 8, February 15, February 22, February 29, March 7
Spring Review Registration Fees & Deadline Dates:
$745/person – BEST DEAL DISCOUNT Deadline EXTENDED: January 6, 2020
$795/person – EARLY ENROLLMENT DISCOUNT Deadline: January 10, 2020
$845/person – REGULAR FEE
Fall 2020 Dates:
August 29, September 5, September 12, September 19, September 26, October 3, October 10, October 17
Fall Review Registration Fees & Deadline Dates:
$745/person – BEST DEAL DISCOUNT Deadline: August 7, 2020
$795/person – EARLY ENROLLMENT DISCOUNT Deadline: August 21, 2020
$845/person – REGULAR FEE
Things You Need To Know
- The EIT/FE Exam must be taken prior to the PE Exam. More information is available at http://ncees.org/exams/fe-exam/.
- Beginning in 2014, the FE will be a computer-based exam that is administered year-round in testing windows at NCEES-approved Pearson VUE test centers.
- To register for an FE exam, log in to your MyNCEES account at https://account.ncees.org/login, select the REGISTER button, and follow the onscreen instructions. We suggest for those taking our Spring FE Exam Review course, registering for an exam in the April-May testing window would be preferable, with the October-November testing window suggested for those taking the Fall FE Review. Also, selecting a test date at least a week following your last review session is recommended.
- The fees for the course cover all lectures and handouts. It is recommended that you purchase the FE Review Manual by Michael Lindeburg, PE, 3rd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1591263333. Also, the NCEES FE Reference Handbook is the only reference material that can be used during the exam. It is provided electronically at the test centers during the exam. It is also available for purchase as a hard copy and for free download electronically on the NCEES website. Candidates are encouraged to download the handbook on a laptop and bring their laptop to the review sessions. The digital version of the Reference Handbook will be searchable.